• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't understand this one

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Snave

What is the name of your state?
Pennsylvania. My Step daughters BM has not paid CS since 2003. Apparently the Child Support enforcement agency went after her. They found her in another State. My husband received a notice that there is a hearing in "another state" that the BM is trying to relinguish all CS past, present and future because she is not working. Is this even possible? She QUIT her job and moved in the middle of the night. Wha't going on?

LdiJ

Snave said:
What is the name of your state?
Pennsylvania. My Step daughters BM has not paid CS since 2003. Apparently the Child Support enforcement agency went after her. They found her in another State. My husband received a notice that there is a hearing in "another state" that the BM is trying to relinguish all CS past, present and future because she is not working. Is this even possible? She QUIT her job and moved in the middle of the night. Wha't going on?
Well of course she can TRY to use that reasoning to get out of support...but the odds of a judge actually buying into that are slim to none.

nextwife

If she was in a car accident and is now a quadrapalegic, that argument MAY fly - but only in regards to future support. If she is able bodied, and simply choosing not to work, it's not going anywhere.

AS she is now voluntarilly unemployed, hubby should ask that income be imputed to her based on what she had been earning.

Last edited:

ENASNI

kudos to you

LdiJ said:
Well of course she can TRY to use that reasoning to get out of support...but the odds of a judge actually buying into that are slim to none.
Y'all got that. wow... good to know you are out there!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">