• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't Win 4 Losing!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

twitty06

What is the name of your state? TX
Two years ago I solicited the help from this private child support collection agency out of Austin, TX. The commercial was very convincing and I thought they were there to really help. I began receiving payments of 89.00 from them on a bi-weekly basis. Great I thought its better than the last six years $0. Then I received a payment from the CSE that was $408.00, "why?" I thought, contacted the state before I touched the money. They informed me that those were my regular payments and all this time for 2 yrs Private child support collection agency had been sending me only $178.00 monthly. I contacted them they informed me that those were back payments! Not true the state recognizes the payments they receive as current. I have tried to terminate services because they are ripping me off at 34%(now 50% because i recieved a $408.00 payment from the state!!) The father owes over $25,000 and they will not release me from letting them collect child support on my behalf because I signed a contract that was very misleading. Long story short how do I drop them from collecting my support so that I can collect what is due to my child??

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
That's the problem with private support collectors. You signed a contract, and now you're pretty well stuck. Although, you may want to run that contract by a lawyer to see if there's any fine print that will let you out of it.

twitty06

And they claim to be helping!

I'm going to run it through the JAG office because the agency told me that I needed to send them a termination letter and that they would take 30 days to review it but more than likely they would not terminate because they have not collected all the back support. The killer part is that they don't consider the payments that the state is recieving as current! How can that be? Now I only receive $68.00 bi-weekly but they sent me records showing they received a payment in Dec. for $535.00 from the non-custodial. I just hope the next person who considers private collection know what they are gettin into!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">