• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

capias

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Capias was issued for NCP for failure to appear and noncompliance of support order. Is this a request to report to jail or will they look in a different state for where NCP is currently residing. Work release was also authorized.

Yes, everything seems to have hit the fan at once for us (my family) this week.

BelizeBreeze

A capias is a warrant or order for arrest of a person, typically issued by the judge or magistrate in a case. A capias may be issued in different forms. A capias is commonly issued for a failure to appear in court. A capias may be based upon an affidavit alleging personal knowledge of the offense. It must state:

The name of the accused, if known, and if not known, must give some reasonably definite description of him.
It must show that the accused has committed some offense against the laws of the state, either directly or that the affiant has good reason to believe, and does believe, that the accused has committed such offense.
It must state the time and place of the commission of the offense, as definitely as can be done by the affiant.
It must be signed by the affiant by writing his name or affixing his mark.

Yes. This was issued. The judge entered the civil contempt order and the capias was issued along with the purge bond amount was set (same amount as the arrearage).

Okay...so this is a person that I took to court for a physical altercation before and locking me and our kids out of our home as "pay back".

Would I contact the local police, the courts or child support enforcement to see if NCP was found? I know he will go ballistic when he finds out that he received jail time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">