• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cell phone and child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Silverplum

I have no idea what he pays for the cell phone. My kid doesnt use it for school or activities. It is only used at home a few times a week.
Again, Im not opposed to him having a cell phone. I just dont understand why all of a sudden without a bill infront of a master can they make it an issue to reduce the support. He barely paid anything at all this time around.
In other words, if the NCP wants to pay for a phone, shouldnt that person pay for half of the childs clothing, school supplies, etc etc...
Why does he get to choose...when a cell phone might only cost another 10.00 a month...compared to all the other childs needs.
We don't know why the master in your case made such a decision.

The End.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
what am I doing to earn more money...excuse me...but I just became disabled with a horrible disease and lost my job over 2 years ago.
Watch who you judge! The other parent has put all the burdens on me and I was the only one earning income with primary custody. I have bought everything my child needs from clothes, housing, food, transportation, etc...bday gifts ..
You're still whining. :cool:

nextwife

My High School freshman only has a limited use Go Phone, and does just fine, thank you.

She can't use it during school anyway, and so needs to call us from the school office if ill, if she needs to contact us during the day for anything. I bought a refurb "not lame", cool-looking phone for under $25 and a big block of minutes, good for a year. Every so often, I buy another block of $25 or $30, which are also then good for a year. If at a friend's house, she can use their phone to call, if need be. If at the mall or a movie, she can call us from her go-phone. Because there is no texting, and limited use, we probably average no more than $7-$10/mo. When at home, she's in touch with friends on our phone or her IPod touch (also a refurb on the Apple Store site), using the wireless connection at home - NOT using her Go Phone minutes.

Kids can remain in touch without a pricey contract phone of their own.

meanyjack

For instance, if I recieved the proper amount of support than I could provide the phone. Its just another way for him to replace child support.
You ARE receiving the "proper amount" of child support. Just because you don't think it's enough does not mean it's not proper. The court, statutes et al determine the proper amount of support. And, by the way, the support is HIS PERCENTAGE of financial support to provide the BASIC NECESSITIES for the child. NOT to help you make ends meet.
His house was paid off during the time my case was suspended and he went on a vacation with my child for a week that cost over 5000.
Irrelevant.
I provide more transportation than he does I drive 60 miles to meet him he drives 37. I have asked him to help with clothes and or gifts and school supplies and he doesnt cooperate.
He doesn't have to comply to your REQUESTS if he's not required to do so.

He doesnt even have a letter from his docter stating he is disabled it was all hearsay.
So, whose fault is that for not contesting his claim? It's not the court's job to do yours. BTW, you are not using hearsay in the proper context.

Last edited:

CJane

My High School freshman only has a limited use Go Phone, and does just fine, thank you.

She can't use it during school anyway, and so needs to call us from the school office if ill, if she needs to contact us during the day for anything. I bought a refurb "not lame", cool-looking phone for under $25 and a big block of minutes, good for a year. Every so often, I buy another block of $25 or $30, which are also then good for a year. If at a friend's house, she can use their phone to call, if need be. If at the mall or a movie, she can call us from her go-phone. Because there is no texting, and limited use, we probably average no more than $7-$10/mo. When at home, she's in touch with friends on our phone or her IPod touch (also a refurb on the Apple Store site), using the wireless connection at home - NOT using her Go Phone minutes.

Kids can remain in touch without a pricey contract phone of their own.
Wow. That makes Wild's smart phone w/unlimited texting/minutes/interwebz for $10/month seem like a steal! :p

We live in the middle of nowhere though, she can't use it half the places she spends her time anyway, since signal is spotty and stupid.

mistoffolees

Wow. That makes Wild's smart phone w/unlimited texting/minutes/interwebz for $10/month seem like a steal! :p

We live in the middle of nowhere though, she can't use it half the places she spends her time anyway, since signal is spotty and stupid.
Where do you get unlimited texting, minutes, and internet for $10/month?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">