• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Change in CS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunshinemom

What is the name of your state? FL

My ex husband pays his monthly CS, 50% of my child's eduction, 100% of my child's medical and dental incurance and carries a life insurance policy naming my child as beneficiary. He just received an inheritance (170k) and I want either 50% of this to be paid to my child or at the very least have it counted as income. His is also getting married and I want to know if his future wife's assets can be reviewed and her W-2's submitted to the court to determine a new amount of CS.

Neal1421

sunshinemom said:
What is the name of your state? FL

My ex husband pays his monthly CS, 50% of my child's eduction, 100% of my child's medical and dental incurance and carries a life insurance policy naming my child as beneficiary. He just received an inheritance (170k) and I want either 50% of this to be paid to my child or at the very least have it counted as income. His is also getting married and I want to know if his future wife's assets can be reviewed and her W-2's submitted to the court to determine a new amount of CS.
Wow. Sounds like someone is money hungry.

No the future wife's asset cannot be reviewed, as for the rest of it I will let the others answer. I think it may be counted as income but your child will not get half of it.

bononos

Neal1421 said:
Wow. Sounds like someone is money hungry.

No the future wife's asset cannot be reviewed, as for the rest of it I will let the others answer. I think it may be counted as income but your child will not get half of it.
Can you say "stingy bia-tch"???

BelizeBreeze

I was going to answer this question until I thought about it ....

So, Sunshine, there is indeed special circumstances as you describe in Florida Statutes but since your ex is up to date and seemingly very involved with the child, I think you can just pay a local attorney to find the answer.

And I don't think you'll like it.

Silverplum

BelizeBreeze said:
I was going to answer this question until I thought about it ....

So, Sunshine, there is indeed special circumstances as you describe in Florida Statutes but since your ex is up to date and seemingly very involved with the child, I think you can just pay a local attorney to find the answer.

And I don't think you'll like it.
You're so hot when you withhold, BB. ;)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Silverplum said:
You're so hot when you withhold, BB. ;)
I concur. :p
Gotta wonder about some people. YO OP! Your ex is happy. Just because you are greedy and vindictive doesn't mean what you want matters.

Silverplum

Ohiogal said:
I concur. :p
Gotta wonder about some people. YO OP! Your ex is happy. Just because you are greedy and vindictive doesn't mean what you want matters.
Although, I have to wonder nowadays if the OP is really the guy's new GF.....:rolleyes:

And I'm glad you all agree with me about the withholding hotness. :D

Silverplum said:
Although, I have to wonder nowadays if the OP is really the guy's new GF.....:rolleyes:
That was exactly what I was thinking. My ex wife has the same mentality as the OP, but she'd never ADMIT it. Sometimes I think that people post scenarios from different viewpoints to see what advice their ex would get if THEY were posting themselves. 'Cause I just can't imagine someone actually being open about this mentality.

Silverplum

NCP Dad in TN said:
That was exactly what I was thinking. My ex wife has the same mentality as the OP, but she'd never ADMIT it. Sometimes I think that people post scenarios from different viewpoints to see what advice their ex would get if THEY were posting themselves. 'Cause I just can't imagine someone actually being open about this mentality.
Vigorous agreement with every word you wrote. :eek:

sunshinemom

Child Support

I have no reason not to be honest and state the situation. I'm giving facts so that I know if it's worth the time, effort and money to seek additional CS. I've seen one attorney in FL and one in NJ (venue is in NJ at this time) and both have given me two different responses. FL says yes, NJ says no.

bononos

sunshinemom said:
I have no reason not to be honest and state the situation. I'm giving facts so that I know if it's worth the time, effort and money to seek additional CS. I've seen one attorney in FL and one in NJ (venue is in NJ at this time) and both have given me two different responses. FL says yes, NJ says no.
Hummm...I thought you said you wanted 1/2 to be given to the child, not for supporting the child. Basically, you want to use your kid as a cash cow.
Lovely...:rolleyes:

Shay-Pari'e

sunshinemom said:
Umm,**************..why should someone else support YOUR child? That would be like you expecting me to support your child. Get real.

Neal1421

sunshinemom said:
The answer is no. Your child is not a paycheck.

nextwife

Don't you think that if the DECEDANT had wanted to leave your kid an inheritance from them, they would have left them one? Why do you think this dead person OWED your child $85,000?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">