• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

change of jurisdiction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flygrl

What is the name of your state? oh

My husband and I were divorced in OH and began 3 years ago to modify child support and visitation. We were doing this because he was moving to CA. Since then I have moved to KY (about 20 minutes from where I was - just closer to my work - basically just a different suburb of a major city.

My x had dragged this entire process out for three years changing his mind time after time of what he wants. He has the money to do this for the next 20 years. I am just about broke.

He just hired a new lawyer who wants to set aside all pending motions due to jurisdiction.

Can anyone tell me what this means? If I have to start all over it will have to be without legal representation as I just don't have any more money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">