• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

change of visitation to primary residence?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gam

No, I do not want any child support from her. I am financially able to care for my son, it would just help out tremendously if I didn't have to pay HER anymore :) once he is officially (I hope) allowed to stay with me.
I did call the friend of the court today and they gave me the run around. Its Macomb Co, if that helps. One person says I can mail the forms, another says I have to be in person, but its a 13 hr drive. I have the form filled out as well as the additional statements, which also refer back to other dates where I had to file things with the FOC when she was acting erratically and not allowing my parenting time or when I had to respond to her complaints. I was truly hoping I could file something here, but it just doesn't seem possible. Its always an uphill battle for the father, it seems.
Macomb is my court, I know for fact you can mail in your fillings. Skip FOC and call the County Clerks Office and ask them if you can mail it in.

Macomb is super fast, parenting time/custody filings, will get you a hearing before a Referee in 1 week, child support is 2 weeks. Your best with this court to just file directly with the circuit court if you can't get mom to agree and go up to the court with you. Far faster to file with the Circuit court then going through FOC. Your cutting out 1 step in the process, cause there are 3 FOC, Referee's and Judges. Since it's Macomb, there is no way in heck you will ever get this as an emergency hearing, since they do things fast anyways, those are saved for only super duper emergencies.

Now if you can get mom to agree to sign your own write up of a parenting plan and joint legal custody, then you both can go on up to FOC and they will deal with you right then. I've seen it done many, many times. They have you wait, they take it into the Judge, either the Judge signs off on it or will have you both go into their courtroom, where they will ask questions about if you both agree, do you understand what your signing, were you forced into signing it, if all checks out they sign it as an order right there. But you both must sign the agreement and you both must show together to FOC.

I would cut out the whine about poor fathers and having to come all the way up to this court, they strike hard on NCP's who do that, that includes moms who are NCP's. Your in a split situation, you live 13 hours away, your having the issue, so you need to show on up and get it done, that's how this court feels.

My opinion based on 11 years in this court often, is they favor NCP's, matters none if the NCP is a father or mother, they favor NCP's. If your a CP father, prepare yourself to have them favor NCP mom. CP's can't make many mistakes, NCP's can make many, many and they do nothing.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">