• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

changing primary residential custody and changing child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

datro

What is the name of your state? Florida
I live in Volusia County, Florida, i have been divorced for 10years, i am now happily married again, but i just recently started receiving child support again, it goes on and off lasts for about 8 weeks and then not for another 6 months when we have to go to court again. anyway i have a 14 year old and a 17 year old, i have primary residential custody now, but my 17 year old left 2 weeks ago to live with her dad. i need to change the residential custody and also the child support, but i am still owed back child support, i dont know the first step to take for anything.

I live in Volusia County, Florida, i have been divorced for 10years, i am now happily married again, but i just recently started receiving child support again, it goes on and off lasts for about 8 weeks and then not for another 6 months when we have to go to court again. anyway i have a 14 year old and a 17 year old, i have primary residential custody now, but my 17 year old left 2 weeks ago to live with her dad. i need to change the residential custody and also the child support, but i am still owed back child support, i dont know the first step to take for anything.
When is the child 18?
Let Dad worry about filing. If the child's 18 soon, it's not really worth it.
I would be forcing the child to come back.
Is there no discipline for a kid that ups and leaves, in the middle of a school year?
Just cause the grass looks greener is no reason a kid has a say in where they live.

datro

thanks for advice. let me backtrack a little--besides my 14year old and my 17 year old, i have a 4 month old, i have crohn's and on a setback right now with my disease. my 17 year old has been skipping school, i found out after she already missed 9 days, i have tried grounding, taking computer, phone etc away. nothing seem to work. i work 50 hours a week, trying not to get stressed as i am also trying to keep my crohn's under control, she didnt just up and leave, i gave in, so to speak. I am trying to keep everything calm with the ex, he lives 3 blocks away from us, and i really dont trust him, he has been known before to damage property, he has asked to write a letter to child support letting them know that my daughter is with him. i do appreciate the reply, i just wanted to give a little bit more information. thanks

GrowUp!

What does your order say about changing support? I ask that because there might be language in the order that states EITHER parent might be responsible for notifying the appropriate agency of any change (i.e. residential).

Gracie3787

You can file a petition to modify custody and CS. In the petition regarding the CS be sure to point out that ex is X$ in arrears and ask the court to order payment of arrears. Be sure to attach an "arrearage Affidavit" to the petition. You can get the affidavit from the court clerk. If you are not using the DOR CSE or do not want to hire an attorney, you can file pro-se by going to www.flcourts.org for the forms.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">