• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charges of willful abandonment and child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jessbell

He has been paying voluntarily so that when he does become the legal father there will be no back child support. But the courts will not recognize him as the father until the other one signs off his rights. that is why i need to know if she can legally go after him for willfull abandonment and child support.

Here we go again...ok no court ordered child support... which is strange to me. TFrom a military stand point that doesnt matter. HE MUST let his chain of command know this and start paying thru them if not the courts. Otherwise he will get into TROUBLE! It's not your BF's business if someone else is paying her. HE is still financially responsible.
Give me your email and I'll send you these forms that he should fill out if he doesnt want to get his @ss in a sling.

Zephyr

jessbell said:
there is no court ordered child support agreement. I also believe she is also getting child support from the other person. She is currently on state aid. We have tried so many times to try to get this stuff straightened out but she won't answer the phone and only calls on payday. We try to see him but she won't let us unless she gets the money and it convenience her only.

she is not obligated to let him see the child until he gets off his @ss and requests some visitation rights through the court.

if there is a question about her getting child support from two people then let the other guy know and he can go after her for fraud.

jessbell

we have a plan parenting order noterized but not through the courts because they will not recognize this also due to not being the legal father. in states that he is to only pay 300 a month and is allowed to see his son at any time. if you say that he is the legal father then does this document still stand even though the court did not recognize it?

Zephyr

jessbell said:
we have a plan parenting order noterized but not through the courts because they will not recognize this also due to not being the legal father. in states that he is to only pay 300 a month and is allowed to see his son at any time. if you say that he is the legal father then does this document still stand even though the court did not recognize it?

then AGAIN he needs to petition for joint custody and some sort of visitation!

You're starting to irritate me a little because you won't listen to me. The court isn't recognizing it so it's not worth squat right now. HE MUST GO THRU MILITARY CHANNELS NOW to determine the CORRECT amount of child support unless he'd like to pay back child support later down the road. (You don't know yet if the military will find $300 to be sufficient) If you don't give me your email then wait a friggin minute and I'll post with direction to the proper forms.

jessbell

He has been trying to do the petition and the court orders but either the mother nor the other guy will do anything. If we take this to court will they make the other father respond?

jessbell

simpleguy05 said:
You're starting to irritate me a little because you won't listen to me. The court isn't recognizing it so it's not worth squat right now. HE MUST GO THRU MILITARY CHANNELS NOW to determine the CORRECT amount of child support unless he'd like to pay back child support later down the road. (You don't know yet if the military will find $300 to be sufficient) If you don't give me your email then wait a friggin minute and I'll post with direction to the proper forms.
The military will not help him. he has gone to legal, he has gone through his chain of command. no one is helping him. I am trying to find everything out. I gave you my email it is [email protected]

jessbell

jessbell said:
The military will not help him. he has gone to legal, he has gone through his chain of command. no one is helping him. I am trying to find everything out. I gave you my email it is [email protected]

also the military will not recognize it because he is not the legal father due to birth certificate

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">