• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charges of willful abandonment and child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

These forms are USMC forms but as we all know, the marines are a dept. of the navy so I can't see how they would differ. If they won't accept these at his legal, then ask legal on base for the navy equivalent of these forms. Go to www.lejeune.usmc.mil look to the left and click on domestic relations, then click onUSMC Dependent Support Regulaation (right under it) it will pop up adobe enabled military laws...scroll down to chapter 3 article 15, then print out READ and FILL OUT and submitt to legal. If I got that wrong, then its chapter 15.

jessbell said:
also the military will not recognize it because he is not the legal father due to birth certificate
This right here is BS. If thats what they tell you, then you get BF to file a proof of paternity form along with DNA results. And hire an atty for Christ sakes

LdiJ

jessbell said:
Thanks for your replies. I guess I understand what you guys are saying.
Jess...let me clarify a few points.

He needs to file a petition to establish paternity. That means that he is going to have to get another court ordered DNA test. Once that is done then child support can be legally established and he can get orders for custody/visitation.

The reason why you aren't getting anywhere is because he hasn't taken that important first step of establishing paternity.

What's more...mom may not WANT him to do that...particularly if she is getting state aid or is also collecting support from the other guy.

jessbell

LdiJ said:
Jess...let me clarify a few points.

He needs to file a petition to establish paternity. That means that he is going to have to get another court ordered DNA test. Once that is done then child support can be legally established and he can get orders for custody/visitation.

The reason why you aren't getting anywhere is because he hasn't taken that important first step of establishing paternity.

What's more...mom may not WANT him to do that...particularly if she is getting state aid or is also collecting support from the other guy.
ok now i think i have pulled my head out...i guess that is where we got stuck at is filing for paternity...so he has to pay for another DNA test through the courts even though he has already paid for one. which i guess is understandable in a way....which leads me to does the legal father have to be present in any way in this process?

jessbell

simpleguy05 said:
I feel like my brain was hemorraging from this post
ok all apologies i was just lost going in circles....but as far as the navy goes they don't recognize him as the father so they will not help him but with wannacry just now made me finally stop and realize now what i really wanted to know and not as confused...

jessbell

jessbell said:
ok all apologies i was just lost going in circles....but as far as the navy goes they don't recognize him as the father so they will not help him but with wannacry just now made me finally stop and realize now what i really wanted to know and not as confused...
let me correct that ldij

jessbell

my husband went to a plan parenthood facility to do the dna test just to make sure he was the father...so you are saying that if we provide the original copy they might accept it?

Its a form that with or with out a DNA test, the man is accepting the child as his. If he signs it it is also recognized as proof of paternity in cases where no DNA test is performed. Which leads me to believe that that is what the other guy signed if he didn't fill out paternity forms at the hospital when the baby was born.

And you have nothing to LOSE by signing it, and you having nothing to lose by asking if that along with YOUR DNA test could be accepted. Got me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">