• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charges of willful abandonment and child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jessbell

shouldn't she charge the legal father for willfull abandonment and if she does that would it anull his parental rights?

jessbell said:
i know what you are saying but they won't even try to touch this his chain of command knows everything and all they can say is that pay her for now or keep the money in the bank until you become the legal father. That's why i don't understand why the navy legal won't even try to help him they just tell him that until he's the father then there's nothing they can do...they won't even help point us in the right direction just to get started....and he's an E-5 and no offense
That means someone over there isn't doing their job. In any case, you're doing the right thing by paying and keeping all receipts. Just heed the one post about starting at point A and finding out EXACTLY what it's going to take with the wrong father being MIA and good luck to ya!

Even if she could, do you really see her getting off her @ss to do so, when your hubby is still giving her money? It's a $hitty situation, but it'll work out

jessbell

simpleguy05 said:
Even if she could, do you really see her getting off her @ss to do so, when your hubby is still giving her money? It's a $hitty situation, but it'll work out
she living off the system so i think what she is doing is not even reporting to wellfare that she is receiving this money...i was thinking that if he stopped paying her but keep it in the bank that maybe she will help us get a hold of the legal father just so we can start getting this going....we've been trying to do this for a year and a half and it's like going in circles and well attorneys are hard to find that are good and cheap thanks for at least making it a little clearer on what we need to do.

B

betterthanher

jessbell said:
she living off the system so i think what she is doing is not even reporting to wellfare that she is receiving this money...i was thinking that if he stopped paying her but keep it in the bank that maybe she will help us get a hold of the legal father just so we can start getting this going....we've been trying to do this for a year and a half and it's like going in circles and well attorneys are hard to find that are good and cheap thanks for at least making it a little clearer on what we need to do.
Good Lord. I am wrapping more duct tape around my head because it's about to explode from reading this.

Your bf should cease sending this woman anymore money immediately!!! I find it hard to believe that if she is collecting state aid all this time without having to give them the info on the biological father. As for her job situation, if she's able to be employed, your bf has every right to ask the court to impute an income onto her.

BTW...there are no "good, cheap" attorneys -- at least not in family law. Are you kidding me?!

betterthanher said:
Good Lord. I am wrapping more duct tape around my head because it's about to explode from reading this.

Your bf should cease sending this woman anymore money immediately!!! I find it hard to believe that if she is collecting state aid all this time without having to give them the info on the biological father. As for her job situation, if she's able to be employed, your bf has every right to ask the court to impute an income onto her.

BTW...there are no "good, cheap" attorneys -- at least not in family law. Are you kidding me?!
If you listen to this pi$$ poor advice, your husband will be setting himself up in a bad way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">