• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cheating husband with other children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

care2010

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
A family member has been married for 25 years and has 4 children. She has discovered her husband has been having an affair and believes he had two children with his mistress (es) that he has kept a secret. What can she do to find out if he indeed has other children and how will this effect child support if she divorces him?

Proserpina

A family member has been married for 25 years and has 4 children. She has discovered her husband has been having an affair and believes he had two children with his mistress (es) that he has kept a secret. What can she do to find out if he indeed has other children and how will this effect child support if she divorces him?
She could always try asking him...other than that, it is - as a practical matter - irrelevant.

Other than that, whoever gets the larger chunk of child support is usually the person who files for it first (not which children were born first necessarily).

cyjeff

I agree.

People believe that they can ask any question and get an answer in court.

Only those questions directly related to the case (and the name of the mistresses and number of other children he may or may not have may not be).

I also agree with the necessity of filing first. Sounds like there are going to be several people looking for a piece of that pie.

Proserpina

I agree.

People believe that they can ask any question and get an answer in court.

Only those questions directly related to the case (and the name of the mistresses and number of other children he may or may not have may not be).

I also agree with the necessity of filing first. Sounds like there are going to be several people looking for a piece of that pie.
I believe that's what got hubby into trouble in the first place....

Gracie3787

As the others said, she needs to file for a divorce and CS order- NOW.

In the mean time, she can check at the courthouse to see if there are any existing court orders for CS, these are public record. She can search under hubby's name, and if she knows the name of the woman(women) she can also search under those names.
However, it is possible that there are administrative orders for CS issued by the state CSE, those would not be available through the court records.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">