• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child care after divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skillpoker1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My divorce was finalized about two years ago, I have been paying it as mandated from day one, now she is asking for an additional 300.00 for what she says is for child care, I am aware I'm obligated to share the cost of it, however how can I ensure that is the true cost and Im not getting ripped off?

the reason Im suspisious is because I tryed helping her look for a licensed child care provider but she gave me a bunch of excuses and treaten me with going to court, knowing that is the last thing I want to do, due to the fact I currently serve in the military and its extremely hard for me to be there.

In advance,
Thank you for the advise

La-a

My divorce was finalized about two years ago, I have been paying it as mandated from day one, now she is asking for an additional 300.00 for what she says is for child care, I am aware I'm obligated to share the cost of it, however how can I ensure that is the true cost and Im not getting ripped off?

the reason Im suspisious is because I tryed helping her look for a licensed child care provider but she gave me a bunch of excuses and treaten me with going to court, knowing that is the last thing I want to do, due to the fact I currently serve in the military and its extremely hard for me to be there.

In advance,
Thank you for the advise
Does your decree say that she gets to choose the provider, or that the two of you decide together?

Does your decree offer you any way to require her to provide you with receipts for daycare?

It's hard to force someone to do something if you don't have a court order mandating the behavior.

Thank you for your service to our country. :):)

Antigone*

In advance,
Thank you for the advise
Ask for a copy of the bills from the licensed day care provider and make the payments directly to them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">