• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child care child support from father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bfluffy3

I am a single to be mother in ohio. I have a question about child support. I run my own at home daycare and once my baby is born I will have to stop watching one of the kids I currently care for to watch my own. Doing so will have my income decrease so I was wondering if I can ask my child's father to pay for child care in his child support? Originally the plan was to be with him and for us to live together in my house and split all bills. But he has decided he doesn't want to be in a relationship and is unsure how much he wants to be a part of his child's life anymore. I know on the child support forms they ask for income and all expenses related to child (health insurance and child care) but don't know if I could include child care since I will be watching the child. I know technically I won't be paying for child care for my child but I also lose a paying customer after the birth of my child. So if i were able to have my child's father help pay for child care with his child support that'd help tremendously.

Proserpina

I am a single to be mother in ohio. I have a question about child support. I run my own at home daycare and once my baby is born I will have to stop watching one of the kids I currently care for to watch my own. Doing so will have my income decrease so I was wondering if I can ask my child's father to pay for child care in his child support? Originally the plan was to be with him and for us to live together in my house and split all bills. But he has decided he doesn't want to be in a relationship and is unsure how much he wants to be a part of his child's life anymore. I know on the child support forms they ask for income and all expenses related to child (health insurance and child care) but don't know if I could include child care since I will be watching the child. I know technically I won't be paying for child care for my child but I also lose a paying customer after the birth of my child. So if i were able to have my child's father help pay for child care with his child support that'd help tremendously.

Standby for the Ohio Attorney to stop by but in the meantime I have to ask - why should he be paying for something you're not paying to begin with?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You want him to pay to watch YOUR (mutual) child? OH GIVE IT A REST. If you don't want to lose the income, have an abortion. That is your answer.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Your decrease in income MAY be considered in calculating child support. But not to the level of covering child care. You could, alternately, put the infant in child care.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">