• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child care/Daycare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? Florida

I have recently started a whole new case to establish child support through DOR/CSE, and the case is at the first stage, trying to establish paternity.

I have recently been offered a great job and I was wondering :) :

1. Can I also request that the Bio dad pay for half of the child care expense that I will now incur or does child support include child care expenses, such as day care?

2. Or is this something that has to be dealt with through a different process?

The establishment process is in the courts now, summons has been issued for paternity(don't know if it's been served yet).

3. Is there something that I would have to file before I go to court in regards to daycare expenses or can it be brought up the day I go to court?

NotSoNew

outragedMOM said:
1. Can I also request that the Bio dad pay for half of the child care expense that I will now incur or does child support include child care expenses, such as day care? ?
You can include child care expenses in the child support calculations. It might not be 1/2 it will be a percentage based on how much you both make. Be prepared to bring proof of child care costs. It is in addition to normal CS awards, but added in.

outragedMOM said:
2. Or is this something that has to be dealt with through a different process? ?
The same process.

outragedMOM said:
3. Is there something that I would have to file before I go to court in regards to daycare expenses or can it be brought up the day I go to court?
Did you fill out a case information sheet with all your financial info yet? I am prety sure you can request it when you get there as long as you bring proof with you.

Yes, I filled out the financial case information sheet; however, I did not have a job at that time, nor did I have daycare. That is why I was wondering if it can be brought up at court.

I have not started my new job yet, waiting for a start date, it's a state job and we all know how long the process is. Daycare hasn't started either, but it will as soon as I have my start date.

I will file another updated financial statement on the day we go to court with new income and expenses.

Thank you for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">