• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child care expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Monobot

CT- are you suppose to pay custodial childcare if it was calculated into weekly expenses on child support guidelines?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
CT- are you suppose to pay custodial childcare if it was calculated into weekly expenses on child support guidelines?
One is supposed to pay what one is ordered by the court to pay.

ETA: At a minimum...

Monobot

I'm sorry I'm still confused. It states on each parents affidavit a weekly expense set amount. Then on arrearage guidelines line 36 childcare contribution states 43% but 36a childcare cost $0 and childcare order $0 so I'm not quite sure what that means

Zigner

I'm sorry I'm still confused. It states on each parents affidavit a weekly expense set amount. Then on arrearage guidelines line 36 childcare contribution states 43% but 36a childcare cost $0 and childcare order $0 so I'm not quite sure what that means
You asked if you're supposed to pay child care if it's already included in the work sheet. I responded that you're supposed to pay what the court orders you to pay. Now you are asking questions on how to fill out a worksheet?

Monobot

Haha no wise guy it's already said and done but those are the figures documented on final decision. I am simply asking if childcare expenses were calculated in weekly expenses when calculating child support figures, am I suppose to pay on top of the child support child care fees?

Zigner

Haha no wise guy it's already said and done but those are the figures documented on final decision. I am simply asking if childcare expenses were calculated in weekly expenses when calculating child support figures, am I suppose to pay on top of the child support child care fees?
Pay what is ordered...it's really simple.

Zigner

This really is no help.
I'm sorry, but your question just doesn't make sense. What, exactly, are you trying to figure out? Brevity is good, but you took it too far and gave me (us) nothing to work with.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Does the kid go to childcare? Does child support actually help pay for that expense? What sort of custody do you/your other parent have?

And - if you're not going to provide adequate information? Don't expect much help. We're not mind readers, "wise guy".

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">