• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child care question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mnk4ever224

What is the name of your state? Alabama

My husband is going to court in May to get his child support lowered. He was originally suppose to go on Feb 28th, but the court messed the date up, and it was pushed back. Since it was pushed back, his ex decided to take his son out of school (he is only 4) she had some lame excuse that the teacher got nasty with her or something. We think it's because she will do whatever she can to not get it lowered. Would his amount go up, even if he isn't making enough money? Is there a way to prove she did it deliberately? Or do they not even care about that? I just don't see how she can take him out of a free school, and put him in daycare again. It doesn't seem fair. She obviously doesn't care about him learning anything.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Preschool isn't required in any state. And I'll bet she'll make the argument that the "free" school isn't as good as a paid one. 'Cause.... they often aren't. :eek:

I am not positive on this. Stealth would probably know. But can't the NCP pay the daycare or preschool directly instead of handing that portion of the money to the CP? That way the NCP has receipt of payment for the care and where the money is going.

LdiJ

new2this05 said:
I am not positive on this. Stealth would probably know. But can't the NCP pay the daycare or preschool directly instead of handing that portion of the money to the CP? That way the NCP has receipt of payment for the care and where the money is going.
Not in most states. In most states daycare is part of the child support calculation and is part of the child support order. I don't know for sure if that is the way it is in OP's state...but its quite common.

LdiJ said:
Not in most states. In most states daycare is part of the child support calculation and is part of the child support order. I don't know for sure if that is the way it is in OP's state...but its quite common.
Hmm, I don't know. I could swear that in some of the post on here people pay child support to the parents and then the day care portion is paid directly to the center. Maybe you have to request that it be that way or something.

I provide child care for a little boy whose parents are divorced. Their order specifically states that they are each required to pay half the expenses. They each pay me directly and I give them reciepts.

I dont know if all states allow for it but I think its better than just one of the parents paying the entire cost.

Lisabyday

new2this05 said:
Hmm, I don't know. I could swear that in some of the post on here people pay child support to the parents and then the day care portion is paid directly to the center. Maybe you have to request that it be that way or something.
I 'm in Alabama and my ex asked he could pay the daycare directly rather than have the amount included in the calculations and he was told no.

Lisabyday said:
I 'm in Alabama and my ex asked he could pay the daycare directly rather than have the amount included in the calculations and he was told no.
Lisa, you're state-specific to the poster, but I just wanted to add that a judge sided with me on this very same issue here in PA. My ex was shot down too (thankfully because he doesn't pay anything without being forced and I wouldn't want my son's daycare jeopardized).

Lisabyday

SingleMom67 said:
Lisa, you're state-specific to the poster, but I just wanted to add that a judge sided with me on this very same issue here in PA. My ex was shot down too (thankfully because he doesn't pay anything without being forced and I wouldn't want my son's daycare jeopardized).
Your ex sounds a lot like mine - GOOBER. He is a nut! :D

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
And in NY, it was ordered that the stbx/ex COULD pay his share directly to the daycare. Luckily, when he didn't pay for several months, they were willing to work with me so that the kids could remain there while I applied some thumbscrews. I think they liked the kids (and me) more than they couldn't stand the ex.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">