• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child care reinbursement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

okiesooner

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

Our court specifys the amount of child support and the amount of the percentage of medical and dental that I am to pay. It does not specify orthodonics and it says nothing about child care.

In the past I have paid the amount equal to my child support percentage of any child care that my ex has sent me receipts for. I have not received any for a while because after some investigating I found out she was not being truthful about the amount she was paying and she and her freind were in on a littlescam if you will. Fortuanltely for me it didnt cost me to much and I have confronted her and just hung on to the evidence should she take me to court for something again.

Well now she has started sending receipts again. The person who is watching my kids is not license and it sounds fishy to me.

If I refuse to pay for my percentage can she hold me in contempt since there is nothing in our order stating that I have to pay child care?

Also does child care have to be by a licensed provider?

Just Blue

okiesooner said:
What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

Our court specifys the amount of child support and the amount of the percentage of medical and dental that I am to pay. It does not specify orthodonics and it says nothing about child care.

In the past I have paid the amount equal to my child support percentage of any child care that my ex has sent me receipts for. I have not received any for a while because after some investigating I found out she was not being truthful about the amount she was paying and she and her freind were in on a littlescam if you will. Fortuanltely for me it didnt cost me to much and I have confronted her and just hung on to the evidence should she take me to court for something again.

Well now she has started sending receipts again. The person who is watching my kids is not license and it sounds fishy to me.

If I refuse to pay for my percentage can she hold me in contempt since there is nothing in our order stating that I have to pay child care?

Also does child care have to be by a licensed provider?

If there is no court order there is no contempt....

MrsK

If it says nothing about child care, you arent even OBLIGATED to pay a cent towards child care. Any $ you do give will be a 'gift' in the eyes of the court. So are you sure you want to pay ANY, knowing it could be a scam (since she did it before)?

CJane

baystategirl said:
If there is no court order there is no contempt....
Likewise, if there's no order and you were voluntarily paying, the 'proof' you have that she was scamming you is going to be irrelevant in any future proceedings.

LdiJ

However...its also quite likely that f she took it back to court for a modification that you would be ordered to share in child care costs....or that child care would be factored into the recalculation.

ceara19

LdiJ said:
However...its also quite likely that f she took it back to court for a modification that you would be ordered to share in child care costs....or that child care would be factored into the recalculation.
If that's the case, dad can ask that it applies ONLY to licensed daycare providers and that he can pay the daycare directly.

LdiJ

ceara19 said:
If that's the case, dad can ask that it applies ONLY to licensed daycare providers and that he can pay the daycare directly.
Sure, he can ASK for that.....and he may even get a judge who would grant that. However its also quite possible that he won't. Many judges aren't willing to micromanage to that extent. It also could be counterproductive for dad since licensed daycare is usually more expensive than non-licensed.

Most states these days build daycare costs into the actual child support calculation....so again there is no guarantee that he would get the option to pay daycare costs directly to the provider. It may happen, it may not.

LdiJ said:
Most states these days build daycare costs into the actual child support calculation....so again there is no guarantee that he would get the option to pay daycare costs directly to the provider. It may happen, it may not.
In OK, Child Care expenses, Health Care expenses, and Visitation transportation expenses are "additonal expenses" that the court may order reimbursed to the other parent proportionate to the obligor's percentage of total income. With the exception of Health Insurance costs, these items ARE NOT included in the base child support calculation. It's unlikely that child care expenses are not addressed in your CHILD SUPPORT COMPUTATION but you can be assured that you would be required to pay your share if you go back to court.

Because these expenses are likely to change from time to time, documentation should be required to substantiate the amounts expensed. I would not reimburse without a valid receipt.

My ex insisted that she was paying HER MOTHER for child care in the same amount as the former licensed provider. When she sent fabricated receipts, my att'y required that each receipt include the care provider's TAX ID # or SSN. The claims of child care expense stopped -- nobody wants the IRS snooping around if something crooked is going on.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">