• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Santi1519

My wife doesn't have any patience for our newborn he's 5 months old and need alot of attention he's real active hyperactive always moving and wanting attention but my wife can't seem to get off her phone and she screams at him and prob hit him when I'm at work can I file for full custody or would I need to have proof that all this is going on because she will prob try and deny it or would want to take the baby away and leave to mexico what can I do what are my options?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
My wife doesn't have any patience for our newborn he's 5 months old and need alot of attention he's real active hyperactive always moving and wanting attention but my wife can't seem to get off her phone and she screams at him and prob hit him when I'm at work can I file for full custody or would I need to have proof that all this is going on because she will prob try and deny it or would want to take the baby away and leave to mexico what can I do what are my options?
Have you gone with her to the doctor and ask if she is suffering from post partum depression?

Santi1519

I have asked her for us to go together but she doesn't want to she says she doesn't trust telling strangers her business and her aunt is a doctor and tried helping her and gave her medicine when she went to visit her in mexico but she left the medicine behind

Santi1519

And she has even admited to me that after our son was born she got this hatred towards me and their will be times when she will get mad at me and won't speak to me for a full week and won't cook or anything around the house and I fear this might affect my son in the future

Santi1519

When I get home from work at around 3 i usually take care of him all day until around 9:30 and when I have him I play with him fee him change him if he need changing and bath him and around 9:30 he is usually already tired so I hand him over to my wife and she tries to sleep him so I can take a shower and get ready for bed

Just Blue

When I get home from work at around 3 i usually take care of him all day until around 9:30 and when I have him I play with him fee him change him if he need changing and bath him and around 9:30 he is usually already tired so I hand him over to my wife and she tries to sleep him so I can take a shower and get ready for bed
Punctuation is your friend. Please start posting like an adult and not a 12 year old. :)

Thanks!!

Santi1519

Blue I'm at work at the moment so im typing on my phone and only when I get a chance to reply. And that is why it might sound like that

Proserpina

So your wife is actually taking care of him while you're at work - correct?

This indicates that she's the primary caregiver and that indicates that all else being equal, she'd be the custodial parent if/when you divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">