• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Custody/GAL Concerns

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan21

The reason both of us chose not to do that was due to him already going to a Montesorri School ever since he was three. Since he goes there 4 days a week from 9 - 3 P.M., we figured this would work our better for the both of us.

LdiJ

The reason both of us chose not to do that was due to him already going to a Montesorri School ever since he was three. Since he goes there 4 days a week from 9 - 3 P.M., we figured this would work our better for the both of us.
This makes it even less rational that you were asking for more time. Its irrelevant that mom doesn't work because the child goes to school on mom's parenting days. Mom isn't getting to spend a ton more time with the child than you are. You are getting all of the free days. She has all of the school days. In fact, when it boils down to awake hours, you clearly have more of that time than mom does.

LdiJ

This all turned into a big mess over a few hours a week more that I was asking for.
That is where an attorney would have come in handy, because an attorney would have told you that what you wanted wasn't reasonable.

rohan21

This makes it even less rational that you were asking for more time. Its irrelevant that mom doesn't work because the child goes to school on mom's parenting days. Mom isn't getting to spend a ton more time with the child than you are. You are getting all of the free days. She has all of the school days. In fact, when it boils down to awake hours, you clearly have more of that time than mom does.
She chose to put him to school on her time. I can't complain or say I want more time because I started to take him to learn a differnt language or swimming lessons on my time. That would be unreasonable. I do take him on Friday for half a day so he has a routine.

rohan21

That is where an attorney would have come in handy, because an attorney would have told you that what you wanted wasn't reasonable.
Maybe. My last attorney told me I should be happy with what I get. As a pro se, I'm getting 3 nights a week. If I settled with what they said, I wouldn't have had what I have now.

LdiJ

Maybe. My last attorney told me I should be happy with what I get. As a pro se, I'm getting 3 nights a week. If I settled with what they said, I wouldn't have had what I have now.
That is fine, but there is virtually no chance that you are going to get more than you already have now, and since you have managed to cause the GAL to be concerned, you could possibly end up with a bit less. You would have been better off, and certainly financially better off, if you had just left well enough alone.

rohan21

I guess there's only one way to find out when I respond to the motion and there's a hearing. Any suggestions on how to express myself in front of the judge?

Proserpina

She hasn't worked a single day of her life, lives with her boyfriend and they both tell him negative things about me when he's with them. How is this not important to a child's best interest and why is that getting ignored?
How do you know what Mom & her boyfriend are telling your child? Does he just open his mouth and start spilling without being prompted?

I'd like you to look for several threads from a poster named signspinner.

Read. Learn.

rohan21

I appreciate the feedback and have my reasons how I know. What matters is those things have happened, which me, her, and the Guardian Ad Litem knows of. She has said in front of the GAL that she had made the comments. I'm here if you read my previous posts for advice on topics I asked for, not here to debate my entire case and waste anyone's time.

I'mTheFather

You were asked how you know what the other parent said because if you're quizzing your child, that's as bad or worse than anything mom has said.

And the GAL would figure that out.

I appreciate the feedback and have my reasons how I know. What matters is those things have happened, which me, her, and the Guardian Ad Litem knows of. She has said in front of the GAL that she had made the comments. I'm here if you read my previous posts for advice on topics I asked for, not here to debate my entire case and waste anyone's time.
If you want relevant advice, then the volunteers here will ask questions that may seem unrelated to you, but are actually important to the topic. "Debating" your case is part of getting to the core issues.

Last edited:

RRevak

How do you know what Mom & her boyfriend are telling your child? Does he just open his mouth and start spilling without being prompted?

I'd like you to look for several threads from a poster named signspinner.

Read. Learn.
I'm thinking this person shouldn't read those threads. It might actually give him even more crazy ideas that he really does NOT need. Seriously, all I see coming from this poster is another spinny. We should get out while we still can..

rohan21

It was a comment he made when we were talking once. It's been a while so I'm not exactly sure on how the conversation went. He proceeded on telling me that boyfriend said, "Tell your Dad to even try. I'm not scared of him." It wasn't something I was interrogating him on. I must've asked him how his day was and what he did while he was at his moms. That's when he told me "Boyfriend" said this.

CSO286

It was a comment he made when we were talking once. It's been a while so I'm not exactly sure on how the conversation went. He proceeded on telling me that boyfriend said, "Tell your Dad to even try. I'm not scared of him." It wasn't something I was interrogating him on. I must've asked him how his day was and what he did while he was at his moms. That's when he told me "Boyfriend" said this.

OP, your child is FOUR. If it'ss "been a while" since the conversation occurred, then the child may have even been three when it happened.

You want to use the hearsay of a toddler? Their memories and recollections just aren't going to be reliable. And given you don't recall the details, probably also irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">