• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Custody/Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cartej6

What is the name of your state? Alabama

I recently received a call from a girl I breifly dated 3yrs. ago. I broke it off when I found out she was seeing 2 other guys while dating me. Soon after, I heard she had gotten pregnant and married to one of the two guys mentioned earlier. after receiving her phone call, I found out she is now divorced, living in Georgia, and still unsure of who the father is. She wants me to take the Paternity test because the guy she was married to took the test after the divorce to which he found out he was not the father. I also know she is trying to join a branch of the military and I'm sure that has something to do with why she is trying to get me to take the test as soon as possible. The question is: Should I volunter to take the test or should I wait for a court order and if I am found to be the father will I be held liable to pay child support?

Neal1421

cartej6 said:
What is the name of your state? Alabama

I recently received a call from a girl I breifly dated 3yrs. ago. I broke it off when I found out she was seeing 2 other guys while dating me. Soon after, I heard she had gotten pregnant and married to one of the two guys mentioned earlier. after receiving her phone call, I found out she is now divorced, living in Georgia, and still unsure of who the father is. She wants me to take the Paternity test because the guy she was married to took the test after the divorce to which he found out he was not the father. I also know she is trying to join a branch of the military and I'm sure that has something to do with why she is trying to get me to take the test as soon as possible. The question is: Should I volunter to take the test or should I wait for a court order and if I am found to be the father will I be held liable to pay child support?
Its up to you to decide whether or not to do it volutarily. If you are found to be the father, you WILL be ordered to pay support.

Why wouldn't you be liable if you are found to be the father?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">