• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child and financially support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brenda21

Questions: Even If my babys dad is supporting my 4 month old baby Does he still have to help me out financially? By the way No we are Not currently living together.

mistoffolees

Questions: Even If my babys dad is supporting my 4 month old baby Does he still have to help me out financially? By the way No we are Not currently living together.
He doesn't have to give you a thing unless you were married and he was ordered to pay alimony.

His only obligation is if there's a court order for child support. If there's no court order, he doesn't have to pay you a penny. So I would suggest that you get a court order in place if you haven't done so.

CSO286

Also, what state are you in?

And, no, your child's father is not required to help you out. If he is order to be paying support and is paying it, then he is meeting his legal obligation to the child. He has no financial obligation to you.

Brenda21

great

Thank you all I live in the state of Arizona.

Question: even if we are Not currently Married can I open a court order and possibly get some financial help ? By the way my son lives with me.

jbowman

Thank you all I live in the state of Arizona.

Question: even if we are Not currently Married can I open a court order and possibly get some financial help ? By the way my son lives with me.
If there is a court order for Child support, then you are getting as much financial support as you are entitled to. YOU dont get supported - only child does. If there is no order for support, then you should file for one. At that point, he can file for a visitation schedule.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">