• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child name change inquiry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anshul25

Hi,

I filed for a name change for my son and got a court order on 07/24/2015. However, due to my abroad travel plans I was unable to submit a copy of the judgement on Department of Treasury within 45 days. Though I got the judgement published in Jersey Journal Publications within 20 days.
I understand that it was an error on my part and I should have read the details carefully so that I could have submitted the judgement on time to Department of Treasury.
Therefore, I would appreciate if you could guide me as to what can I do to submit it. Can I submit it now? If not, could you please guide me with the process as what I need to do?
My apologies, I was not able to find any other suitable forum to post my question.

Thank you very much for your support!!

Just Blue

Hi,

I filed for a name change for my son and got a court order on 07/24/2015. However, due to my abroad travel plans I was unable to submit a copy of the judgement on Department of Treasury within 45 days. Though I got the judgement published in Jersey Journal Publications within 20 days.
I understand that it was an error on my part and I should have read the details carefully so that I could have submitted the judgement on time to Department of Treasury.
Therefore, I would appreciate if you could guide me as to what can I do to submit it. Can I submit it now? If not, could you please guide me with the process as what I need to do?
My apologies, I was not able to find any other suitable forum to post my question.

Thank you very much for your support!!
U.S. Law Only.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">