+ Reply to Thread
    jazzyjam is offline Member

Child quits school before 18?

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Does child support stop if a child drops out of school before the age of 18? Hopefully it won't happen but all of her sisters did. Runs in the family I guess.
    betterthanher Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyjam

Does child support stop if a child drops out of school before the age of 18? Hopefully it won't happen but all of her sisters did. Runs in the family I guess.
    Isn't this similar to another question you asked recently? (too lazy to use the search function).
    Yes I did ask it but I figured it wasn't permitted in the other message. Belize told me so.
    Last edited by jazzyjam; 11-01-2005 at 10:00 AM.
    Zephyr is offline Senior Member
    are you one of the parents of these girls?
    No unfortunately, just a step mother.
    Zephyr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyjam

The reason I asked is if all of the sibs have dropped out it is even more likely that this child will too, rather than chomping at the bit for child support to stop in the event that she does drop out, maybe there should be some action taken to make sure she does actually complete school rather than just shrugging it off as running in the family....
    I know my situation is odd to say the least. DH wife had an affair, got pregnant and this child doesn't belong to my dh. "Secret" DNA test done and nobody knows except dh and myself. It would be nice for the cs to stop because of this reason alone but it isn't going to happen. We do care and love this child that we now never get to see because of her living so far away (mom won't let her fly and a weekend trip would be just getting there in enough time to get back for work in a car). I don't want her to drop out of school. I really want what is best for her. Chances are very good of her dropping out because from what we hear from her brother (my dh's natural son that lives with us) she doesn't go to school very often now. We could use the info to let the mother know if she drops out then we (yes we)won't have to pay. We could also use it to stop paying cs if that is the law. In the long run, the mother wouldn't want to give up cs and would "encourage" her to attend school more often. So both situations come into play.