• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pcamp1965

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ohio

Can anyone tell me exactly what child support is suppose to cover? My ex thinks that the check he sends me is suppose to go directly to our daughter. He doesn't think that it is suppose to aid in the house payment, electric bills, phone bills, cable bills, gas for her car, insurance payment, car maintenance, etc.

VeronicaGia

pcamp1965 said:

Can anyone tell me exactly what child support is suppose to cover? My ex thinks that the check he sends me is suppose to go directly to our daughter. He doesn't think that it is suppose to aid in the house payment, electric bills, phone bills, cable bills, gas for her car, insurance payment, car maintenance, etc.

CS is to reimburse the CP for the costs associated with the basic necessities of raising the child.

If the child wants a car, the child should pay for it; it is not a necessity.

Phnx02

pcamp1965 said:

Of course CS pays for housing, utility bills, food, etc. etc.....all you listed above. If your husband can't figure this out, tell him to go jump in a lake!

pcamp1965 said:

You can go to www.legal-definitions.com and you can show him the LEGAL definition of child support: child support definition – parent’s obligation to contribute to the economic maintenance and education of his or her child, generally in a custody or divorce action. It says nothing about gas for her car. How old is the child?

JenMartin6672

<< From New Mexico....

child "Support", is simply to 'support' the monetary needs of the child, hence, housing, lighting, heating, food, clothes, etc.... It is NOT to be handed to the child/children. It is intended for the present parent to help pay for the upbringing of the child. No other reason. Not there to spoil the child, but to help the kid/kids grow up healthy. If he wants his child/children to have cash, that can be given seperately from the child support. You tell him, that if he wants them to have money, to pay you first, then give them money, if he doesn't like it, let him pay for an attorney and ask that attorney the same question. The attorney will tell him what I just said. LOL. Jenn

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">