• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cppd717

What is the name of your state?Arkansas

I got divorced 3 months ago and my ex-wife is the one that filed for the divorce. We have two children. Daughter 10 and Son 9. When my ex-wife filed she stated in the divorce that she did not want child support. The judge approved her request. I am disabled and draw Social Security Disability. Can my ex-wife come after me for child support now that we are divorced and in the divorce she stated that she didn't wan't child support. Our two children draw a check off of my Social security record as well as my son also gets a check for ADHD. She has remarried and her new husband is a convict and still has 9 years on probation. furthermore, the two children are her natural children and i adopted them. she left me for the convict the next month after i adopted them. Please help.

Phnx02

cppd717 said:

I got divorced 3 months ago and my ex-wife is the one that filed for the divorce. We have two children. Daughter 10 and Son 9. When my ex-wife filed she stated in the divorce that she did not want child support. The judge approved her request. I am disabled and draw Social Security Disability. Can my ex-wife come after me for child support now that we are divorced and in the divorce she stated that she didn't wan't child support. Our two children draw a check off of my Social security record as well as my son also gets a check for ADHD. She has remarried and her new husband is a convict and still has 9 years on probation. furthermore, the two children are her natural children and i adopted them. she left me for the convict the next month after i adopted them. Please help.
Yes, your ex can ask you to pay CS at any time. However, since the children already get something from your disability, the courts may consider this as a form of CS.
Because you adopted her children as your own, you are obligated to pay CS for them....whether or not she remarried.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cppd717 said:

My response:

"Arkansas"

"She has remarried and her new husband is a convict and still has 9 years on probation. furthermore, the two children are her natural children and i adopted them. she left me for the convict the next month"

I don't know what to say. It must be "information overload" or something. I already have plenty of entries for next year's "Most Stupid Post" contest, and I'm wondering: How do you Yahoos live from day-to-day?

Incredible.

Was the convict's trailer in better condition than yours?

IAAL

rmet4nzkx

The benefits your children get based on you SSDI replace child support, that is why the judge approved it for no child support, they will get this until age 18, then, it is possible you may then be required to pay child support however, your child who is considered disabled should still draw SSDI after age 18.

cppd717

arkansas

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

"Arkansas"

"She has remarried and her new husband is a convict and still has 9 years on probation. furthermore, the two children are her natural children and i adopted them. she left me for the convict the next month"

I don't know what to say. It must be "information overload" or something. I already have plenty of entries for next year's "Most Stupid Post" contest, and I'm wondering: How do you Yahoos live from day-to-day?

Incredible.

Was the convict's trailer in better condition than yours?

IAAL
i was just asking a question. But I do have your yahoo if you want to persist. :)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cppd717 said:
i was just asking a question. But I do have your yahoo if you want to persist. :)

My response:

Yeah, I know you were just asking a question. But, geeeeeez. Only in Arkansas does someone willingly marry a convicted felon!! I guess that's normal in them thar parts.

She must be some real piece of work! And, you had to have known what she was like. But, if that's all you can get, I imagine you learn to work with what you got . . . that is, until she leaves you for a criminal!

Who plays the banjo?

IAAL

cppd717

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Yeah, I know you were just asking a question. But, geeeeeez. Only in Arkansas does someone willingly marry a convicted felon!! I guess that's normal in them thar parts.

She must be some real piece of work! And, you had to have known what she was like. But, if that's all you can get, I imagine you learn to work with what you got . . . that is, until she leaves you for a criminal!

Who plays the banjo?

IAAL
i am not sure who plays. but I would just like to add that I am not from arkansas, I lived there for 2 years. I am from Spring Valley California. Thanks.

red rose

Arkansas, cppd717 sorry to hear about your situation,but no advise right now,I will let you know if I run across any info as I search for a solution to my support issues.In response to I am always liable though, you are quite sarcastic and condesending for some one who has had 32,971 post in 4 years, that works out to be on average 23 post per day--what? nothing better to do with your time than try to make yourself feel better by taking cheap,stereotistical shots at others???Iam a native Arkansan and I know my reedin,righten and rithamatick. I wear shoes, and have never dated any relatives. Ya'll have a Happy New Year!!!!!!!.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

red rose said:
Arkansas

In response to I am always liable though, you are quite sarcastic and condesending for some one who has had 32,971 post in 4 years, that works out to be on average 23 post per day

MY RESPONSE:

Actually, it's closer to 5 years. Take a look - - it says "January 2000". So, I guess "figurin'" isn't your best subject.

--what? nothing better to do with your time than try to make yourself feel better by taking cheap,stereotistical shots at others???

MY RESPONSE: Nope. Gotta love me!

Iam a native Arkansan and I know my reedin,righten and rithamatick.

MY RESPONSE: Do you really want to admit that?

I wear shoes, and have never dated any relatives.

MY RESPONSE: At least, not that you knew. But, more than likely you did.

Ya'll have a Happy New Year!!!!!!!

MY RESPONSE: Thanks! And, have a Happy "AirStream"! Remember to check that tire pressure . . .

IAAL

nextwife

cppd717 said:
the two children are her natural children and i adopted them. .
C'mon, ALL children are "natural". Adopted children aren't some kind of "unnatural" being. You just became their parent one way vs another. An adopted child is no less YOURS than any other kind.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">