• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sickaboutit

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

My husband is currently active duty stationed in Germany. He is currently paying support for his 2 children. Is it possible for him to request a monthly statement from the child support office regarding where and how the support is being spent on the children (i.e reciepts). Last year when we were in court the judge ordered that he would be able to claim the children on his taxes because the mother did not work, and stated that as long as she didn't work he could carry them, but when we recieved the support order it did not state that as long as the mother was not working he could claim his children. What can he do for this year if she's not working? She usually doesn't work, but allows a sister or other relative to carry the children so she can get a cut from them. Is it possible for my husband to request a flag be placed on the childrens social's to assure if she refuses to allow him to carry them, that she will not allow anyone else to carry them. If this was a sensible woman things would run a lot smoother, but because she's a golddigger who does not like to work I want to find out as much advice as I can to combat this woman. Everytime she thinks we have bought a new car or when we had our daughter she wants to drag us into court for more money! I want to put a stop to this. My husband pays her well every month........I'm putting a stop to her GHETTO games! :mad:

Shay-Pari'e

sickaboutit said:
What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

My husband is currently active duty stationed in Germany. He is currently paying support for his 2 children. Is it possible for him to request a monthly statement from the child support office regarding where and how the support is being spent on the children (i.e reciepts). NO, and it is none of your business,

Last year when we were in court the judge ordered that he would be able to claim the children on his taxes because the mother did not work, and stated that as long as she didn't work he could carry them, but when we recieved the support order it did not state that as long as the mother was not working he could claim his children. What can he do for this year if she's not working?Refer to the origional order and *Butt Out*

She usually doesn't work, but allows a sister or other relative to carry the children so she can get a cut from them. Is it possible for my husband to request a flag be placed on the childrens social's to assure if she refuses to allow him to carry them, that she will not allow anyone else to carry them. If this was a sensible woman things would run a lot smoother, but because she's a golddigger who does not like to work I want to find out as much advice as I can to combat this woman. Butt Out! Tell Hubby to refer to the court order.

Everytime she thinks we have bought a new car or when we had our daughter she wants to drag us into court for more money! I want to put a stop to this. My husband pays her well every month........I'm putting a stop to her GHETTO games! :mad:
And you have alot to learn.

sickaboutit

To Paradise!

It's not so easy to *BUTT OUT* when you work and contribute just as much, if not more, to the household. Sounds like the best thing to do is to take her back to court and get the order amended.

BelizeBreeze

sickaboutit said:
It's not so easy to *BUTT OUT* when you work and contribute just as much, if not more, to the household. Sounds like the best thing to do is to take her back to court and get the order amended.
To WHAT? "it is the order of this court that the Custodial Parent shall provide to the court and to the Non-Custodial Parent a full and honest accounting of every penny of child support expenditures"?

Are you smoking crack? Child support is money provided by the Non-custodial parent to the custodial parent for the care of the dependent child(ren). Whether it is used to pay for food, clothing, school supplies or heat, rent and food or even a movie now and then, is none of your business.

In fact, none of this is your business since you have no legal standing.

Now, would you like it if she took your hubby back to court and asked for a full accounting of YOUR money?

I thought not. :rolleyes:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
He has a court order that allows him to claim the kids if she doesn't. So he files his taxes ASAP after receiving all the relevant paperwork and attaches a copy of the order. It's not that complex an idea.

As for an accounting of how the CS is spent - a court is not going to get involved in the minutiae of this relationship to that level. Are the kids housed, fed, clothed? Then they are being taken care of and that's what the court cares about. They're not going to count her pennies and report them to Dad.

BL

stealth2 said:
He has a court order that allows him to claim the kids if she doesn't. So he files his taxes ASAP after receiving all the relevant paperwork and attaches a copy of the order. It's not that complex an idea.

As for an accounting of how the CS is spent - a court is not going to get involved in the minutiae of this relationship to that level. Are the kids housed, fed, clothed? Then they are being taken care of and that's what the court cares about. They're not going to count her pennies and report them to Dad.

And If they both File the Tax agencies will be able to figure out who Qualifies to claim the children on there taxes .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">