• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pooba

What is the name of your state? Washington State:
What is the laws on paying child support on a child for 5 years only to find out that that child is not yours. The mother all the time knew that is was not mine. Do I still have to pay?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

pooba said:
What is the name of your state? Washington State:
What is the laws on paying child support on a child for 5 years only to find out that that child is not yours. The mother all the time knew that is was not mine. Do I still have to pay?

My response:

So, who told you to pay?

IAAL

pooba

Do I pay?

Washington State:
I was with a women than separated. I was court ordered to pay child support for our child. Come to find out he was not my child. I have been paying for him for 5 years now. The mother knew from day one he was not mine. Am I obligated to keep paying child support? I know I will have to go to court again, but can they do anything about it?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

pooba said:
Washington State:
I was with a women than separated. I was court ordered to pay child support for our child. Come to find out he was not my child. I have been paying for him for 5 years now. The mother knew from day one he was not mine. Am I obligated to keep paying child support? I know I will have to go to court again, but can they do anything about it?

My response:

You had an opportunity to take a DNA test, and you obviously refused or failed to take that simple test.

Now, since there's a court order in place, you're stuck.

So, how did you "come to find out" that the kid wasn't yours after 5 years?

IAAL

pooba

am I stuck

Washington State:
The mother after years decided to tell me the kid is not mine. Should I have taken a DNA test when the kid is first born even though we were married? What if I was not court ordered to pay and just have been paying on my own. Would that have made a difference?

Rushia

pooba said:
Washington State:
The mother after years decided to tell me the kid is not mine. Should I have taken a DNA test when the kid is first born even though we were married? What if I was not court ordered to pay and just have been paying on my own. Would that have made a difference?
You need to put all the facts in here, don't keep giving out little snippets of info. Such as the marriage, any court orders (support/visitation). Since you were married you are the legal father.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">