• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alonzo thomas

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Missouri
I stopped child support effective May 04, because my daughter turned 18 years old Mar 04 and graduated high school May 04. In my decree, it states that a child shall not be determined to be emancipated and child support may continue past age 18 in the following circumstances: If a child attends college or vocational training, child support may continue until age 22 or graduation from college or trade school, whichever occurs first. The child must be regularly attending college (enrolled in 12 or more credit hours of course work per semester) or vocational school. My problem is I have not officially been notified of my daughter's enrollment in college, by the mother or the court. I was unofficially notified by a call by my daughter in Aug 04 requesting $750.00 for half of her college. What is the official way I should have been notified, by courts or mother and if I was not notified the correct way do I have to pay back child support from Jun 04 to date.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It's entirely possible that you needed to petition the court to terminate support. I would talk to a lawyer in MO to find out if you were permitted to simply stop paying upon graduation.

Ambr

Very familiar with MO CSE -- and they are strict.

You can't just quit paying on it. You have to petition the courts to terminate the order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">