• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vprmom5

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

I receive child support each month for my daughter.
My attorney has attached a lien to the order.
Is this legal and can she get away with doing this since
the support is to be used to care for my daughter's day to day
needs.

Kristin

nextwife

Have you paid your attorney? If not, then use the money you were going to use to pay your attorney to make up for the shortfall in the payment being recieved.

Phnx02

Why did your attorney attach a lien to the order? Because you didn't pay for services rendered? If so, she can do this.

yugla

lien on CS

I am in CT, and from what I have seen and understand of States that receive federal assitance in return for following their guide lines, child support can not be attached. I may not be understanding fully what the lien your atty put in place is though. Once again I would think court support family services would know this better. I also know that filing bankruptcy can not discharge child suppoirt or guradina ad litems fees - but the latter does have some exceptions. Hope this helps a little

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">