• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cherokee49

What is the name of your state? california.my question is my husband is having lot of trouble with his fifteen year old what could he do to relinquish custody and no longer have to pay child support for him he plays games constantly with coming here

MtnMoon

cherokee49 said:
What is the name of your state? california.my question is my husband is having lot of trouble with his fifteen year old what could he do to relinquish custody and no longer have to pay child support for him he plays games constantly with coming here
Oh it's simple...as long as your husband can figure out a way to travel back in time and avoid becoming the boy's father... Does that seem like a ridiculous notion? It may be as ridiculous as the idea of a parent attempting to relinquish custody so that he no longer has to pay child support on the grounds that his 15 yr old son plays "games."

Please...if it is somewhere in the CA State Statutes that this is grounds for a parent to get out of his/her financial responsibility to his/her child...it would be most enlightening. Here is a website for searching the CA State Statutes: http://www.romingerlegal.com/state/california.html#stat

If your step-child is displaying behavior which you believe is troublesome...then perhaps consulting with a family counselor might be helpful. The boy's school counselor may be able to refer you. Turning your back on the boy is not a suitable solution. Your husband will forever be that boy's father. The boy will forever be your husband's son. How does a loving parent even phathom the idea of giving up on his/her child?

rmet4nzkx

If games playing were criteria for TPR than no 15 yo would have parents intact families included! Welcome to the world of being the parent of a teenager, remember back to when you were 15 :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">