• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bebegirl

What is the name of your state? Illinois
My daughter is 16 years old and she is pregnant does my ex husband still have to supply child support to her. my daughter is still attending school and she lives with me

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
bebegirl said:
My daughter is 16 years old and she is pregnant does my ex husband still have to supply child support to her. my daughter is still attending school and she lives with me
Is she married? if not then I child support continues for both of you. Having a child does NOT automatically emancipate a child.

WyattJ

My Personal Experience

I was 17 when I got pregnant, my parents made a wise choice of just dropping the child support plus I moved in with my dad. In your case since she is still in school and under the age of 18 it would be better to have that extra support since your going to have another mouth to feed.

N

nicetryadmin

bebegirl said:
But your ex can certainly file for change in custody based on the fact she got pregnant on YOUR watch.

E

eme76

nicetryadmin said:
But your ex can certainly file for change in custody based on the fact she got pregnant on YOUR watch.
that is assuming she got pregnant when she was at mom's...maybe it was during time at dads...or a weekend at grandmas...etc...etc:rolleyes: :p

N

nicetryadmin

eme76 said:
that is assuming she got pregnant when she was at mom's...maybe it was during time at dads...or a weekend at grandmas...etc...etc:rolleyes: :p
Again, you're missing the point of my response. Let's be realistic, if it happened at dad's I don't doubt it:

A) would've been mentioned
B) a thread would have been started asking about terminating parental rights or visitation or something like that.

Plus, I never said he would get it, but he could certainly file.

E

eme76

nicetryadmin said:
Again, you're missing the point of my response. Let's be realistic, if it happened at dad's I don't doubt it:

A) would've been mentioned
B) a thread would have been started asking about terminating parental rights or visitation or something like that.

Plus, I never said he would get it, but he could certainly file.

did you not see the ":rolleyes: "or did i forget what sarcastic means?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">