• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wildflowerpa

What is the name of your state? pa

Why is it that I can't request a hearing for child support when there was never a writtenagreement to what I was to pay in the first place? My ex wife and I agreed on an amount verbally and now she wants me to pay her more. I tried to go through domestics and they said that I can't schedule a hearing against myself. In the first place there was no written agreement and now we find out that they are doing all kinds of drugs but we don't have enough proof
to go to court with it. She says that she's going to loose the house ect. But this has all happened since the drug use and I can't pay for her bills and mine. She is remarreied and her husband is working at a better paying job than I have.I have been paying my support as agreed and hae had my daughter nearly every weekend plus since the divorce. I have no problem paying but I don't want to end up living in a box somewhere either. Any suggestions on where to start?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
wildflowerpa said:
What is the name of your state? pa

Why is it that I can't request a hearing for child support when there was never a writtenagreement to what I was to pay in the first place? My ex wife and I agreed on an amount verbally and now she wants me to pay her more. I tried to go through domestics and they said that I can't schedule a hearing against myself. In the first place there was no written agreement and now we find out that they are doing all kinds of drugs but we don't have enough proof
to go to court with it. She says that she's going to loose the house ect. But this has all happened since the drug use and I can't pay for her bills and mine. She is remarreied and her husband is working at a better paying job than I have.I have been paying my support as agreed and hae had my daughter nearly every weekend plus since the divorce. I have no problem paying but I don't want to end up living in a box somewhere either. Any suggestions on where to start?
If there is not a court order you are not required to pay anything. If there is a court order you can go to court and get that modified. However according to what you are saying you are not required to pay her anything because it is verbal. So quit paying. If she is remarried it is not your job to support her. It is not your problem that she is going to lose her house. If she does, file for a custody modification because she can't support the kids.

wildflowerpa

support

Thank you for your quick response. I figured I'd have to go through the courts and then to domestics. Was just hoping to spare my daughter all of this. Her mother told her if she came to live with me she would sign off all rights to see her so she wouldn't have to pay. Imagine telling your 11 year old that. Thank you again I appreciate your help

weenor

wildflowerpa said:
Thank you for your quick response. I figured I'd have to go through the courts and then to domestics. Was just hoping to spare my daughter all of this. Her mother told her if she came to live with me she would sign off all rights to see her so she wouldn't have to pay. Imagine telling your 11 year old that. Thank you again I appreciate your help

Why did a judge sign off on your divorce without a child support order? That doesn't make sense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">