• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cowgirl

What is the name of your state? PA
I am new 2 the site & was looking 4 some answers. Hubby & I were wondering how support would work being that his x has custody of 2 of the kids & we have custody of 1? We have left the order alone since ss moved in 2 yrs ago but money is getting tight & kids r getting more costly (have 3 kids 2gether)She has not offered or payed a dime for him in that 2 yrs even though we have asked. The original order is from new york & we live in PA.. Also what would happen if by the time we go to court she quits her job or quits shortly after the order? Also is her husbands income considered in their house hold income if they file married jointly in support? The judge had asked us yrs ago about spouses income & # of children & bills 2 take in2 consideration. Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
cowgirl said:
What is the name of your state? PA
I am new 2 the site & was looking 4 some answers. Hubby & I were wondering how support would work being that his x has custody of 2 of the kids & we have custody of 1? We have left the order alone since ss moved in 2 yrs ago but money is getting tight & kids r getting more costly (have 3 kids 2gether)

Question: was custody changed and approved by the courts? If not then mom still has custody of SS. This is something that needs modified.

She has not offered or payed a dime for him in that 2 yrs even though we have asked. The original order is from new york & we live in PA..

Has SS legally been in your custody during that time? Where does mom live? If still in NY then you have to go back to NY to change custody.

Also what would happen if by the time we go to court she quits her job or quits shortly after the order?

Then you can get her income imputed if you get a support order against her. Courts don't like voluntary unemployment.

Also is her husbands income considered in their house hold income if they file married jointly in support?

NO! Her husband's income is not counted. He is legally not responsible to support your husband's children. And neither are you.

The judge had asked us yrs ago about spouses income & # of children & bills 2 take in2 consideration. Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance...
You need to file for a modification of custody and support.

cowgirl

Answers

Child custody was changed over in Jan 2004 when X signed ss over 2 dad. That's all legal by the courts. Ss has been in our custody since that time. Reason y i ask about her quiting is b/c she never holds a job 4 long & we found out a couple of wks ago that she is prego & due in Aug & if we get an order 4 her 2 pay us would it most likely get modified soon after b/c she quit? Would it even b worth our time 2 take her 2 court if that's the case? Also does the courts take in2 concideration that we have custody of ss & have 3 children 2gether 2 care 4 & she only has 2?
Thank You:D

bononos

http://www.divorcelawinfo.com/PA/cal/PACSC.html

Best calculator I've found for PA.
Do the estimate for him and the 2 kids based on her current income and the custody split.
Save that #.
Do it again with her as CP for the 1 child.
Subtract them.
Remember, this is just estimates, but should be close.
You probably don't know the tax info so just put his total income in and her total income, both without the tax info.

bononos

Zephyr said:
and please type normally, this isn't text messaging on your phone:rolleyes:
I think I am getting used to reading my 8 yr. olds chicken scratch and short hand that I didn't even notice it how bad this was written.

(P.S. he's the one with a reading disability who is being tested for dyslexia also)

cowgirl

Support Calculation

Does anyone know if both CP & NCP income gets combined & than after fica
(0.765) is subtracted out if both parents are to be able to pay the standard percentage equally for the children? EX: say 2 children 17% Combined income $61,000 * .765 = 46,665.00 * 17% = $7,933.05 / 52 = $152.56 /2 = $76.28. Is each parent to pay that amount? Just curious how it works if both parents are to be able to support the children @ an equal percentage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">