• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TamyDnnr9

What is the name of your state? NY
I have a child 18 years old, not in school, and not working, living with father do i still have to pay support? she lived with me all her life, with nothing from him, and i still have other daughter that he pays nothing for can you give me some kind of answer? yes there are oders to pay support on both sides but he does not pay for the child i have and he wants More from me then he is already getting

Last edited:

MandyD

Support in NY state continues until the age of 21 unless the minor is emancipated. Obviously, since she's living with her father, she is not emancipated.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
TamyDnnr9 said:
What is the name of your state? NY
I have a child 18 years old, not in school, and not working, living with father do i still have to pay support? she lived with me all her life, with nothing from him, and i still have other daughter that he pays nothing for can you give me some kind of answer? yes there are oders to pay support on both sides but he does not pay for the child i have and he wants More from me then he is already getting
Yes if there are orders that you have to pay then you have to pay until the child you are ordered to pay for is 21 or (if that is the child that is living with you) you go back to court and get a modification.
if he has an order and is not paying, you file contempt against him. of course if you are not paying he can get contempt against you. what a lovely family you have.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">