• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danaan

What is the name of your state? NC

I have been divorced for about 14 months,,,,for the previous 2 years, while seperated, and since, my 2 daughters have lived with me, and I have been the sole provider. Their mother lives 7 miles away, sees them very little and gives no financial support. I want to see about getting a court order for child support. Is this possible? My 2 daughters are 18 and 19, the older one is away at college, but stays with me on breaks.

fairisfair

when child turns 18, or if child is in high school, when child turns 20 or graduates from high school, whichever is first

this is the cut off for north carolina, obviously, your older child is over 18 and since in college, has graduated from high school. So no. If the 18 year old is still in high school, then you can collect until she graduates or turns 20 as long as she is still in high school. Based on the time involved here, basically the answer is pretty much no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">