• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cudmore

:eek: New Jersey. Please say u can help. I have a 2 year old son with my boyfriend who has been unemployeed for over 1 year. problem is this he is still legally married to another woman and i just found this out. he has lived wth me for 4 years and i had no clue that he was married. she lives in another state then we do.he has asked her for a Divorce 2x and she has yet to respond. he has 3 children with her the ages are approx 19,17,14. He has not paid her child support in at 1 year since he is unemployeed. Can i ask the courts that she be responsible for the child support for my son being that they are still legally married. Iam a divorced woman myself and i do receice cs from my ex husband. my boyfriend has not seen his wife and or the children in the 4 years that we have been together. she lives in N.Y. and I in N.Y. I do believe that he will not be here to much longer being that he is married and kept that a lie all this time. What would the courts do award me some child support or should i not even try it. My son needs to be supported.
she is legally married to him and i know that a creditor would try and get any monies owed from either married party. Is she in any way obligated to do this or would this be a losin battle. I would be filing alone without a lawyer. do i have a chance. Tank you cudmore.

deja vu

Nope, she is not responsible to support any of your children, but I'm not even clear on whether or not "your" son was fathered by her husband, since someone else is paying you child support.

She is not legally liable for your child. Do you have another child you're receiving support for? Take him to court for child support anyway. He should be taking care of his child.

cudmore said:
:eek: New Jersey. Please say u can help. I have a 2 year old son with my boyfriend who has been unemployeed for over 1 year. problem is this he is still legally married to another woman and i just found this out. he has lived wth me for 4 years and i had no clue that he was married. she lives in another state then we do.he has asked her for a Divorce 2x and she has yet to respond. he has 3 children with her the ages are approx 19,17,14. He has not paid her child support in at 1 year since he is unemployeed. Can i ask the courts that she be responsible for the child support for my son being that they are still legally married. Iam a divorced woman myself and i do receice cs from my ex husband. my boyfriend has not seen his wife and or the children in the 4 years that we have been together. she lives in N.Y. and I in N.Y. I do believe that he will not be here to much longer being that he is married and kept that a lie all this time. What would the courts do award me some child support or should i not even try it. My son needs to be supported.
she is legally married to him and i know that a creditor would try and get any monies owed from either married party. Is she in any way obligated to do this or would this be a losin battle. I would be filing alone without a lawyer. do i have a chance. Tank you cudmore.

BelizeBreeze

There is nothing in your post to suggest you have any legal rights to support from this man.
So, unless you have left something out, you need to find a job and support yourself and your child.

AHA

cudmore said:
Tell me what's wrong in this picture you painted:

HE does not pay cs for HIS kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU want cs from HER, who is not a parent to your kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need your kid to be supported, your kid's father is doing his share by paying cs to you for your joint kid, so it seems like YOU and your man are the only parents in this mess that are NOT supporting any of these kids!! GET A JOB......TODAY....and bring slacker bf with you!

Jesus Christ, I can't believe you are asking if your loser bf's wife is liable to financially support YOUR kid, that tops the stupidity on the forum today.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">