• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jk777

What is the name of your state? CA

I was supposed to receive $532/mo for 2 children by court order, but since last July my ex moved back in MI and stopped working ( he was receiving unemployment check), so he automatically reduce child support to $400. Now he is back in working force, but he hasn't increase back to what original was. Can I claim for the backpay in difference ($132/mo *10). If so, please let me know how I can claim. Also, I have been paying the half of the airfare whenever my children go see him. At first he was in Coronado and now he is in MI. Am I obligated to pay the half of the airfare? We file the child support here and he got remarried and moved out to another states. Also, anything related to children's medical cost, he hasn't been paying. Isn't he supposed to pay the half? Please advise!!

Thank you,

Just Blue

jk777 said:
What is the name of your state? CA

I was supposed to receive $532/mo for 2 children by court order, but since last July my ex moved back in MI and stopped working ( he was receiving unemployment check), so he automatically reduce child support to $400. Now he is back in working force, but he hasn't increase back to what original was. Can I claim for the backpay in difference ($132/mo *10). If so, please let me know how I can claim. Also, I have been paying the half of the airfare whenever my children go see him. At first he was in Coronado and now he is in MI. Am I obligated to pay the half of the airfare? We file the child support here and he got remarried and moved out to another states. Also, anything related to children's medical cost, he hasn't been paying. Isn't he supposed to pay the half? Please advise!!

Thank you,

You said "he automatically reduced child support to $400.00"....Did he go bach to COURT to get a reduction or did he just figure he didn't have to pay as much because his income went down?

What does the custody order say regarding visitation and transportation?? Are you ordered to pay half?

Again what does the custody agreement say regarding medical expenses??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">