• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jessan514

We live in Florida. My ex has not reported a change in income for several years. He has changed jobs and i believe he is making more money and doesn't want to report the changes to child support services. How can i get him to report this info, without him knowing that i was the one who brought it to child support services attention?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

nextwife

Have you reported your upward income changes?

If it has been long enough, you can request a review. If income changes warrant a modification, the CS can be adjusted accordingly. Up or down as income dictates. Some people have changed jobs in this environment NOT for an increase, but in anticipation of cutbacks where they had been working. I do see many lateral moves. I also see people grabbing more secure jobs with lower compensation as a protective move.

Last edited:

haiku

Most states seem to have a time period where a review can be requested and done automatically. No one else but the parties involved can bring about a review. (If you were receiving state aid, the state would be bringing the review) Also if either party has a signifigant income change, one can be done earlier.

If a change is warranted, it is warranted, you should not have to hide your intent.

Gracie3787

We live in Florida. My ex has not reported a change in income for several years. He has changed jobs and i believe he is making more money and doesn't want to report the changes to child support services. How can i get him to report this info, without him knowing that i was the one who brought it to child support services attention?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
The best thing to do will be for you to talk to your CSE caseworker. If it has been at least 3 years they can file for a modification.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">