• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

andy922

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

My husband lives in CA and his ex-wife lives in Mexico. Can she collect child support from him even though she lives in Mexico?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

My husband lives in CA and his ex-wife lives in Mexico. Can she collect child support from him even though she lives in Mexico?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Kids in Mexico need to eat too.

CSO286

Sure she can.

Mexico is a signatory to Hague Convention, and I'm sure they would work diligently with the US OCSE to establish and enforce a child support order.

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

I haven't posted a whole lot recently, but this is the kind of thing that REALLY bites my posterier. Here is new wifey-poo/new bedwarmer wanting to know if she/he can get spouse/lover out of paying for their children... Seriously? you need to FOCUS and realize that when your current played, he/she pays until the court says otherwise. PERIOD. :mad::mad::mad:

CSO286

I haven't posted a whole lot recently, but this is the kind of thing that REALLY bites my posterier. Here is new wifey-poo/new bedwarmer wanting to know if she/he can get spouse/lover out of paying for their children... Seriously? you need to FOCUS and realize that when your current played, he/she pays until the court says otherwise. PERIOD. :mad::mad::mad:
Artemis!!!!!!!!!

{{{{{hugs!!}}}}}

Antigone*

AOH does not have a bad temper, she just has a low tolerance for ...

Antigone*

Weeeeeelllll... those responses indicate one of three things, 1) you think this is a bad thing to have a low tolerance for, 2) you don't think I have much of a temper, or 3) 1 and 2...

You say it almost like its a bad thing ;)
What does it mean when my little devil drop kicks my angel off my shoulder?:p:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">