• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Womack1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

My son's step mother has applied for Medicaid in NC and they want me to pay child support. They were living in GA and recently returned to the area. My son has been staying with other family for the last two months and not in the house with her father and his wife. Can she legally apply for Medicaid in NC? They don't even know if they are going to live here yet. Also, neither one of them are working. I make decent money but I am afraid I will not be able to afford to pay the child support and keep my home after the worksheet they use to determine the support that the child needs because it will be no income for them and approx. $3000 per month for me before taxes. Our insurance is about $200 per pay period which is twice a month. Will I also be responsible for getting insurance on him and paying child support?

ecmst12

If you already have family coverage on your insurance, you can add your other child with no additional cost....at open enrollment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">