• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stillirise876

florida,
i currently had a child and the father of the child is not supportive, he wanted me to do an abortion but because i said no he bust my lip n my nose when i was 3 mnths pregnant. he is very abusive, i didnt get a police report because i fear my life and i still do. i want to put him on child support but do not want him to have rights to take the child he can visit the child but it have to be supervised, i have three witnesses to this incident. can i still use the witnesses eventhough i do not have a police report?

CSO286

florida,
i currently had a child and the father of the child is not supportive, he wanted me to do an abortion but because i said no he bust my lip n my nose when i was 3 mnths pregnant. he is very abusive, i didnt get a police report because i fear my life and i still do. i want to put him on child support but do not want him to have rights to take the child he can visit the child but it have to be supervised, i have three witnesses to this incident. can i still use the witnesses eventhough i do not have a police report?

Child support and custody are two separete animals.

Expect that if you file for support, he will file for joint custody/parenting time. And he'll get it.

Has paternity been established? Is he on the birth certificate?
Are you on any type of public assistance?

And, just so you are aware, how he treated you is not an ironclad indicator of how he will treat the child.

Oh, and even if he didn't want the child while you were pregnant and even encouraged you to abort, those are not considered valid reasons to deny him access once the child is born (and actions establishing paternity, custody and parenting time exist).

Last edited:

mistoffolees

florida,
You are being foolish. File a police report. You're safer if you do that than if you ignore it. If he gets away with it this time, it will be worse next time. And if you file a police report and get a restraining order, he goes straight to jail if he violates it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">