• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmoretine

Kansas, Leavenworth county.

I have a case where my ex-wife owes over $18,000 dollars in back child support and has had her support reduced to $300 a month from $500 a month. Now she is supposed to pay 375, 300 for current and 75 on the arrears. She has owed since May of 2008, my first received payment was in Sept of 2011 for the amount of $50. The next month she paid the full amount of 375 and in November she has only paid 140 of the 300 and from what I understand from the court is that as long as her excuse is good enough and she continues to look for a job and shows up on her court dates no repercussions for her lack of payment will befall her.. Is there anything I can do to either put a heavier burden on her to continue to make full payments or is it just wishful thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">