• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gripnvallygirl1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I'm in Brooklyn NY. I wanted to no what are my chances of this going my way and what are the chances of the father getting away with this.
He claims to be homeless but in a homeless shelter that is like a rehabilitation center to help get him back on life right track
He claims he's not liable for back child support owed which adds up to approximately. $75,000.00
He says he is not liable because he's been in jail in the past and he is not working plus is sick with hepitis c and is not able to work which I think is a lie that he's not able to work. God bless him tho I know people that have HIV n work, I know people that are disabled and work.
I have been going to court faithfully, and have not fought so much due to the fact I think he's waisting my time, he is a deadbeat dad who just wants to get out of paying support for his child.
Now he has got me in court for modification of this child support that he does not pay in the first place.
I have full custody my child is 12 yrs old now he hasn't paid nothing but $5000.00 just because when he did work they took his taxes, and he only worked so he can leave the state and get away from the warrants that was insuede upon him.now he's back and child support found him once again.
He got a legal aide I cannot afford an attorney so I been taking this in stride and not have been fighting much because I know I'm not getting anything anyway, I think he's waisting my time. He's fighting for a modification that he's not paying anyway.
What are my chances of winning in my favor by the courts. And will he still be liable for this monies owed to my child or will he be dismissed..due to the fact he's sick.please help. I know I ain't getting any monies but that's not the point its principle. All in all for life this is still his child.:mad::mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">