• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deb2280

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
Just want to know if there is a way to bring my ex-husband to court to pay child support. Befor we divorced he was in an accident and was injured. He was out of work for 2 years because of the accident. He has now started working under the table to avoid any income on paper. What can i do????

CSO286

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
Just want to know if there is a way to bring my ex-husband to court to pay child support. Befor we divorced he was in an accident and was injured. He was out of work for 2 years because of the accident. He has now started working under the table to avoid any income on paper. What can i do????
Work hard, take care of your kids and pray.

That aside, what does the court order say? How much is he supposed to pay? How far behind is he?

deb2280

Work hard, take care of your kids and pray.

That aside, what does the court order say? How much is he supposed to pay? How far behind is he?
Well court has ordered the minimum 50 dollars a month. He is working construction and earning a pretty penny under the table. He is 4 moths behind and paying an extra 5 dollars a month to get caught up. But thats because he has no paper trail.

Antigone*

Well court has ordered the minimum 50 dollars a month. He is working construction and earning a pretty penny under the table. He is 4 moths behind and paying an extra 5 dollars a month to get caught up. But thats because he has no paper trail.
How do you intend to prove that he is working?

deb2280

Girlfriend, boyfriend, sister, brother, father, mother, friend, co-worker....
True it is going to be hard to prove. But there has to be a way. I had to stay at home to raise our children while he worked. We have 3. He said he didn't want me to work so that i would be there for the children so when we had our first i quit my job and have not worked in 10 years. I have finally gone back to work but not making what i did befor because of the economy. Should i hire a P.I. and get pictures of him working??

Proserpina

True it is going to be hard to prove. But there has to be a way. I had to stay at home to raise our children while he worked. We have 3. He said he didn't want me to work so that i would be there for the children so when we had our first i quit my job and have not worked in 10 years. I have finally gone back to work but not making what i did befor because of the economy. Should i hire a P.I. and get pictures of him working??

Getting pictures of him working at X is not proof that he's actually getting paid and if he IS working under the table, chances are his employer isn't going to be overly keen on admitting to that either (given the ramifications of that!).

The harsh reality is that some parents are absolute deadbeats and will do anything to avoid paying child support.

CSO286

And how do you prove he's not volunteering his time, or helping out a buddy?

Seriously, when an NCP decides to work for cash, it can be really, really hard to make them pay suport as ordered.....

deb2280

And how do you prove he's not volunteering his time, or helping out a buddy?

Seriously, when an NCP decides to work for cash, it can be really, really hard to make them pay suport as ordered.....
Well guess i will just do what i have been. Work hard love & raise my children and live life. Thanks to all

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">