• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelby goode

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

North Carolina

....my friend's job has not been payin his child support but they have been taking it out of his check! He has been found in contempt of court because his payments are not being sent in but it's not his fault because his job has not been sending in the payments but his pay stubs reflect the deductions....I told him to report them to the State labor board but he wants to know if he can take legal action against his employer? Can he sue them for punitive damages? He thinks they have been using the money for their own purposes and if he's right, is that a form of embezzlement since they are misappropriating his funds?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

North Carolina

....my friend's job has not been payin his child support but they have been taking it out of his check! He has been found in contempt of court because his payments are not being sent in but it's not his fault because his job has not been sending in the payments but his pay stubs reflect the deductions....I told him to report them to the State labor board but he wants to know if he can take legal action against his employer? Can he sue them for punitive damages? He thinks they have been using the money for their own purposes and if he's right, is that a form of embezzlement since they are misappropriating his funds?
I would suggest that your friend log on with his own questions.

Does your friend know you are airing his legal dirty-laundry on the interwebs?

Proserpina

North Carolina

He needs to talk to an attorney STAT.

He should NOT have been found in contempt if he had proof that his employer was deducting the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">