• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (CA)?

I currently have a court order on me for child support with a wage order issued. My court order stipulates $560.00 a month plus half of any child care costs that may occur.

I recently contacted my corporate office and spoke with the lady that deals specifically with court orders and I was informed by her that they she received an amended court order and now there going to be taking $323.07 every bi-weekly paycheck as long as it doesn't exceed more then 50% of my disposable income. I've tried talking to my case worker but I can not get a hold of this lady for nothing. Because I don't know why there now taking $646.14, which is a difference of $86.14 a month. I never received a copy of the minutes and orders from the original judge back in May when the court order was issued. But I had my employer mail me a paper copy of what they had received.

On the paperwork it does not list any of her income that she currently gets and im wondering if that would or wouldn't play in role in the amount of child support I pay per month.

She currently receives TANF & food stamps for her and my 6 year old son, and receives $784 a month for disability for my daughter. I'm thinking that since she receives disability for my daughter, would that not play a role with child support since she is now receiving child support?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (CA)?

I currently have a court order on me for child support with a wage order issued. My court order stipulates $560.00 a month plus half of any child care costs that may occur.

I recently contacted my corporate office and spoke with the lady that deals specifically with court orders and I was informed by her that they she received an amended court order and now there going to be taking $323.07 every bi-weekly paycheck as long as it doesn't exceed more then 50% of my disposable income. I've tried talking to my case worker but I can not get a hold of this lady for nothing. Because I don't know why there now taking $646.14, which is a difference of $86.14 a month. I never received a copy of the minutes and orders from the original judge back in May when the court order was issued. But I had my employer mail me a paper copy of what they had received.

On the paperwork it does not list any of her income that she currently gets and im wondering if that would or wouldn't play in role in the amount of child support I pay per month.

She currently receives TANF & food stamps for her and my 6 year old son, and receives $784 a month for disability for my daughter. I'm thinking that since she receives disability for my daughter, would that not play a role with child support since she is now receiving child support?
If she is receiving disability for the child because mom herself is disabled, then no, that would not count as your child support. If she is receiving disability because the child is disabled, then no, that would not count as your child support either.

The change in child support may have nothing to do with a raise in support, but rather with timing of paychecks. If you have any arrears, it could also have to do with that.

Just Blue

https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-support-98/dcss-amend-current-court-order-due-information-provided-custodial-parent-605681.html

Px Hx.

She is receiving the disability for my daughter due to the fact that my daughter is disabled and she is listed as the payee for her since she is still a minor. I know that it wouldn't count as my child support.

That's not what i was getting at, what I was getting at is for the fact that wouldn't the disability that she receives for my daughter be off set due to her receiving child support for my daughter in the amount of $351 per month?

Just like her TANF is off set due to her receiving $209 a month in child support for my son?

I also found out that the raise in support but it is due to in fact to to arrears due to the wage order not going in to effect in to 30 days after the court order was issued. So im a month behind. I wasn't aware of the fact because i never received a copy of the order nor did my employer send me a copy of the wage order like there suppose to legally due with in 10 days according the Department of Child Support Services.

If she is receiving disability for the child because mom herself is disabled, then no, that would not count as your child support. If she is receiving disability because the child is disabled, then no, that would not count as your child support either.

The change in child support may have nothing to do with a raise in support, but rather with timing of paychecks. If you have any arrears, it could also have to do with that.

Also, to Blue Meanie, I am aware of my last post and the help I received but to be honest this post has nothing to due with that post. I can understand how they relate due to it being the same topic of discussion but this is after the fact. I just had a couple of questions that I wanted to clarify. Also, I am not sure what you mean by PX HX in either.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-support-98/dcss-amend-current-court-order-due-information-provided-custodial-parent-605681.html

Px Hx.

Just a guess, but the State could be seeking repayment for the TANF funds she has been receiving. It is not uncommon for the NCP to have to pay for TANF payments the CP receives.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">