• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support and additional expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverplum

I'm pretty darn sure the whole legal discussion has occurred.

This, now, is just re-ranting. We can't help you with that part. Perhaps you could just re-read the thread for the legal advice you received several times.

He is unemployed VOLUNTARILY! I was unemployed 2 months before I gave birth and did not find a job until they were 8 months old! During that time, I did what I had to do to provide for them. Used up all of my savings and when that was gone, took out my 401k from my previous job! There are no excuses, especially none for being just flat out lazy! How does that make me selfish? That I don't want to have to buy another set of car seats if not needed, I would much rather share them where ever the kids go and that is what has been going on until now when they want them back. I am not cheap either but having 2 babies all on your own with a full time job and school, is not easy or cheap! I could go out and buy another set here in a few weeks but what am I to do in the meantime? And I just think its completely ridiculous on their part to want them back.

torimac

compormise

Would it be entirely difficult to agree to leave the car seats with the children? That ways, who ever is taking care of them will have access to them. When my daughter was younger and in full time day care, there was a 'car seat storage area'. Many times one parent would drop off the child and the other would pick up the child. The car seat stayed with the child as the child is the one who needs it.
Work on agreeing with your ex, getting a compromise. The car seats are really not the issue here. If it's not car seats, it will be tennis shoes or winter coats or whatever happens next.

Just Blue

Would it be entirely difficult to agree to leave the car seats with the children? That ways, who ever is taking care of them will have access to them. When my daughter was younger and in full time day care, there was a 'car seat storage area'. Many times one parent would drop off the child and the other would pick up the child. The car seat stayed with the child as the child is the one who needs it.
Work on agreeing with your ex, getting a compromise. The car seats are really not the issue here. If it's not car seats, it will be tennis shoes or winter coats or whatever happens next.

Wow! Could you please not be so sensible!! Gheesh!:p

CSO286

And many community centers, churches, social service agencies, public health centers, doctor's offices, and even auto insurance companies have been know to give them FOR FREE when needed.

OP....You really do need to take a deep breath and step back from the keyboard a bit. Then take amoment and re-read everything you've posted. You are sounding a bit unreasonable.

And just to give you the benefit of the doubt, 'ass'uming you are the only reasonable person in your situation, you still are going to have to step up and be the bigger person. Give the grandma back the car seats, and go ask for some help from your own family or one of the socially conscious third parties I mentioned at the top of my post.

I say this as a parent to child whose other parent has chosen to not do one single thing for the child beyond paying court ordered support. You cannot force Dad to do the right thing, if he's determined not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">