• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Adjustments in Nebraska

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stsheldon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NE

I am paying child support for my son, since then, both my ex wife and I have gotten remarried and I have had a new child with my current wife and have adopted her 3 children. I am also making more money then I was when the court order was initially made. What are the circumstances to which I can get my payments lowered?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NE

I am paying child support for my son, since then, both my ex wife and I have gotten remarried and I have had a new child with my current wife and have adopted her 3 children. I am also making more money then I was when the court order was initially made. What are the circumstances to which I can get my payments lowered?
Not any of the circumstances that you've listed. Mom's spouse is not responsible for the support of Junior, and why should Junior suffer since you've decided to expand your current family? :cool:

single317dad

Under Nebraska guidelines:

https://supremecourt.nebraska.gov/supreme-court-rules/ch4/art2

it appears the only time "other children" enter the calculations is as a deduction when you were previously ordered to pay support on those children prior to a support order for the child in question. Junior and the ex (by extension) get to enjoy the same level of support as during the marriage regardless of your subsequent life choices.

The fact that you now make more money might increase your payment. If that increased amount is both 10% and $25 deviation from the current amount, it's grounds for a modification.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">