• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support after heart surgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chrisjkru

I have been out of work since February 15th due to heart testing and open heart surgery on February 22nd. I have no income coming in. I did send $500 for child support that I had saved before surgery. I am now 2 months behind, and am going back to work May 2nd. I sent the proper hospital documentation to the Child Support office.
My problem is that my ex is constantly sending me threatening texts calling me names and telling me she is putting a hold on my license and liens on my car and property. She even did this while I was in the.hospital 2 days after surgery. This is really annoying and stressful especially so recent after heart surgery. I have paid on time for 13 years and now this happened. What can I do? And what can she do? Thanks in advance!

Silverplum

I have been out of work since February 15th due to heart testing and open heart surgery on February 22nd. I have no income coming in. I did send $500 for child support that I had saved before surgery. I am now 2 months behind, and am going back to work May 2nd. I sent the proper hospital documentation to the Child Support office.
My problem is that my ex is constantly sending me threatening texts calling me names and telling me she is putting a hold on my license and liens on my car and property. She even did this while I was in the.hospital 2 days after surgery. This is really annoying and stressful especially so recent after heart surgery. I have paid on time for 13 years and now this happened. What can I do? And what can she do? Thanks in advance!
That's very unpleasant of her. Any punitive measures against you would be from the state, not her. You've been upfront with the agency and had no choice: I don't see a big problem ahead. Get well. :)

chrisjkru

thank you

She has not helped my recovery process at all. My daughter texted me while I was in the hospital saying that my ex would not let her see me until it was paid off.

She has not helped my recovery process at all. My daughter texted me while I was in the hospital saying that my ex would not let her see me until it was paid off.
Child support and visitation are not tied together. You can ask a court to hold her in contempt of your visitation agreement regardless of your child support status.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">